Dundas Street United Church
285 Dundas St, Woodstock ON N4S 1B3
"God Lives In Us!"
A Place to Belong...
Where God makes A Difference,
and We Make A Difference in the Name of God!
Currently, there is one open position that we are looking to hire an individual to grow with us on our faith based journey.
A Director of Music is required to lead our congregation utilizing musical talent to help lead our worship services.
If your interested in either position, please see below for further details and contact information.
How to Apply:
- Dundas Street United Church welcomes and encourages applications from gifted musicians.
- Applicants maybe required to start employment as early as January 1, 2020.
- Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
- Please submit a resume in person at Dundas Street United Church, Woodstock Ontario or electronically to email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
- Collaborate with the minister, staff, and various teams (eg: worship team, adult voice choir, bell choir, etc.) to plan, create, and lead meaningful and transformative worship that helps our community move deeper into our faith, vision, and ministry.
- Provide leadership of the music and liturgy for our services; and foster joy, appreciation, and respect for all expressions of worship.
- Accompany congregation and choir on piano.
- Coordinate, empower, and regularly utilize groups such as the adult choir, bell choir, guest musicians, and soloists.
- Help us to both preserve the best of our tradition and innovate new worshipful expressions as we try to make space for everyone to belong and connect with God.
- Provide music that assists people of different ages and stages to engage with and participate in worship (ex: children, youth, various generations, and people new to faith and church).
- Partner with the minister to plan, create, and lead the community in worship.
- Embody and advocate the values and ethics of our church.
- Provide and oversee all music for worship services in collaboration and partnership with the Minister, worship team, and service leaders.
- Regularly coordinate, utilize, and empower music teams such as the choir and song leaders to do their best to lead the congregation in worship, and recruit and coordinate a rotation of talented guest musicians/artists/ groups throughout the year.
- Responsible for rehearsing weekly with choir and bi-weekly with bell choir.
- Responsible for conducting the choir on Sundays.
- Help us discover and develop worship leaders from within the faith community.
- Provide musical leadership for services outside of Sunday morning such as Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.
- Manage your budget and resources.
- Provide long range planning and visioning in collaboration with the Minister and Worship Team.
- Working knowledge of both contemporary and traditional worship music
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Proficiency on piano.
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Set aside time to be on-site for weekly dialogue and planning with the Minister and be in correspondence with team members and volunteers, etc.
- Participate in regular worship team meetings.
- Build relationships, trust, and partnership with church community members.
- Meet quarterly with your Ministry & Personnel representative.
- Foster your own spirituality and faith.
- Have fun and love what you do.
Terms of Employment:
- The Director of Music will be employed by the Joy Team, supervised by the Minister on an annual contract.
- This position requires work on Sunday mornings, a weeknight for choir rehearsals, and a semi-weekly bell choir practice.
- The actual number of hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 7.5 hours/week.
- This position is part-time, based on 6.5-8.5 hours per week.
- Contract remuneration is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.